Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Trivandrum ZOO

The trivandrum Zoo, that was the last place i would love to go. Theres a valid reason for it. I grew up in trivandrum and this was one of the major tourist spot. So whenever any relative comes to visit us they want to visit the zoo and i being the youngest kid, who everyone assumed would love a visit to the zoo, was always appointed the guide. Oh boy the zoo, you get the smell as soon as u take the ticket. How i hated the visit. Somehow i used to pity the animals there. They had a lot of animals at the zoo, but maintenance was poor. Cant help mentioning it. And not to mention abt safety. I was always thankful to make it back home from the zoo. There had been a lot of incidents involving visitors and animals. Anyone from TVM would know that. Now all these is history.
Then almost after a decade i decided to visit the zoo with my family, main reason to show my daughter and nephew a few animals. And i was taken by shock the change that has happened. The whole look of the zoo has changed. Theres no smell, which i wonder how they managed to do. And animals they looked happy. I am not just joking, they looked clean and close to home. Most of them were not in cages, but in their natural habitat. So this visit turned out to be fun. I couldnt keep clicking my camera. The animals were giving me more good pose than my daughter. They have tiled paths and the ground is all green, i mean fresh green which was very exciting. They had railing made in the shape of vines and most of it had a ditch filled with water so that the animals didnt make it to this end. There were 3 bears , 2 of them fighting, God knows over what. But they were fluffy and looked cuddly, though i dint dare to go near it. There was an old incident where the bear snatched a ladies hand, but that was when it was in cage. Now its free and enjoying life i guess. it looked so..Then there was cheetah which was caged, i guess because its capable of a long jump and that could be dangerous. But the cage was big enough for it to roam around. I couldnt find the king in its place. Guess it was taking a nap or something. Sadly there was only one elephant, especially in a kerala zoo..hmm...There were 3 tigers, which were a bit scary. The fence at the tigers place , i feel, needs to be a bit higher. I guess they were hungry and it gave me a scare. I did dare to take a snap of me and daughter near the railing, but i could hear my heartbeat at that moment. The peacocks were lovely, though they dint dance. It was grt visit. I would now go back there , as it is now a place of attraction. Good job u guys. Who ever brought out this change i thank thee...